Wednesday 7 August 2013

Resin casting, silicone molds and my own small homemade workshop

For several months I deal with silicone molds and resin casting in home conditions. I already gathered a large set of molds from which I make a variety of model parts, bases and some resin pieces to convert miniatures. I generally use for this purpose commercially available silicones and resins (for example the polyurethane resin FC 52 from Huntsman and silicon MM922 from ACC silicones company).

Resin casting is not a very difficult task, but some more complex elements can't be done in a simple and fast way, especially in home conditions. However, most simple elements can be easily copied using this method.

In the near future I'll try to describe in detail the method for easily creating silicone molds and casting resin at home. For now I don't have pictures of the various stages of creating molds and castings.

And in the meantime here are some examples of my works:



I'm currently trying to copy some entire miniatures that have uncomplicated forms. The results of these works I'll try to present in the nearest future.

No comments:

Post a Comment